Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sunny days make life better!

So I am sitting here on my last night in Orlando and lots of thoughts are running through my head. My five days here have definitely been relaxing and fun as well as enlightening. This was such a great opportunity for me to get closer to my cousin. My family is so huge and we get to see each other frequently at various functions, but I rarely get that intimate one-on-one time to talk deeply about everything from careers, relationships, money, travel, to family, religion, and goals. I am truly appreciative for the continued guidance and wisdom I get from the amazing older family members that I have. Everyone needs some of my clan.

This year is truly turning out to be the one I said it would be on my 25th birthday. I am going to be making major decisions and moves in the next few months that will bring about positive change to my life. I am now officially a contestant in the Miss Caribbean US pageant. WhAt?!?! Me, in a pageant? I know. But, this is something I've never done before and I'm sure will be a great experience to add to my evolution. I am also using this pageant as further motivation to become more dedicated to my health and wellness (especially the swimsuit section!) Yesterday I woke up and felt the urge to go for a run. This got converted into a walk around the neighborhood and shooting some baskets at the park, but nonetheless I felt the urge which I usually don't. I am also going to start a 30 day green smoothie challenge April 1st through Simple Green Smoothies. Let's see how well this goes!

Today was an off day, but due to a major event, I have even more motivation to accomplish what I want and not let anything (including money) get in the way. No one can tell me I'm not good enough because I know I can go for whatever I want in life. I am also determined to enjoy every minute of the life that I have, especially after waking up to sunshine every day in Orlando! The people here are also so much nicer than us up northers! Maybe we would be nice too if we constantly got Vitamin D! So as I return to chilly Philadelphia (whoever created that always sunny show lied!) I will keep my time in Orlando in my mind as a constant pick-me-up until summertime when I can feel the warm sun on my face every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment