Sunday, October 28, 2012

What makes you happy? PART 2

As I am sitting in my room awaiting Hurricane Sandy, aka Frankenstorm, I decided to grab my paint, brushes, and a blank canvas and get to expressing myself. I also started thinking about my happy list since tomorrow is a "snow day" and I get to sleep in (2 things on the first half of my list) and thought I should finish posting it.

100 things that make Mandisa happy (#51-100)
51. natural hair
52. whispers in my ear
53. kisses on my neck
54. juicy Gala apples
55. chicken - baked, fried, grilled
56. snickers bars
57. braiding hair
58. free ANYTHING
59. food samples at stores/in the mall
60. chubby funny looking kids
61. forehead kisses
62. being told I am missed
63. being held by the waist by a nice man
64. nice white smiles
65. being told I did a good job
66. feeling appreciated
67. SUNNY DAYS
68. SUMMER
69. seasoned food (food in general)
70. learning about different cultures
71. LOVE
72. seeing love around me
73. my crazy friends
74. sleepovers with friends I haven't seen in a while
75. dancing as I get dressed
76. the smile on someone's face when I surprise them
77. late night phone convos until I fall asleep
78. having an event I planned go great
79. a clean kitchen
80. the smell of clean laundry
81. a cute bathroom
82. talking to my mom
83. driving
84. the sun in my face in the morning
85. eyeshadow
86. cute nail polish and designs
87. compliments on my hair
88. my hair the day after I wash and style it
89. surprise visits
90. sweet random messages
91. seeing a child understand a concept
92. sexy dresses
93. live music performances
94. musicals
95. GLEE!!
96. the idea of having my own family
97. waking up to a nice face
98. sleeping on his chest
99. God
100. LIFE

Here's my first finished painting. 'Sankofa - Untitled' for now.

Inspired by this quote I saw on Pinterest: "I emerge from the ignorance of my past to pure overstanding of my present."

1 comment:

  1. I like how you appreciate the little things. #98 is my favorite from this list. I absolutely love my woman laying her head on my chest, while I run my fingers thru her hair, and kiss her forehead. Good stuff

    ReplyDelete