Monday, February 18, 2013

Love is a two-way street

I've been turning down a lot of one-way streets the wrong way in the past few days. I'm not sure what that is a sign of but my mind is clearly distracted.

I've realized through dating that I don't like being forced to share. My food, space, time, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I will share, but I need to feel like I want to. It shouldn't be just due to circumstances. I guess it's really like I don't think anyone is entitled to me sharing with them. All this to say, I do realize when you enter any relationship with another person there are things you need to share to make it work. This definitely takes some time to get used to especially if you've been doing your own thing for a while.

With being in a relationship you must never lose your true self. Now I've seen it happen to friends who didn't seem to get it, but I guess it is harder to see when it is yourself. If you're a sarcastic person, continue to be that way but just not to the extreme. If you like to be out and about, continue to do so. If you follow all the rules, breaking one for your partner will go against your morals. If you like to partake in certain activities and your partner is against it, then you won't be able to be comfortably you which will case further problems. Ultimately your partner will notice you aren't you and these will not be happy times.

I also haven't been to church in a month and have felt spiritually disconnected. I was neglecting my faith due to a number of thoughts in my head. Hopefully after today's mass (yes I am Catholic) I can gain some clarity and stop driving down one-way streets the wrong way.


No comments:

Post a Comment